Wednesday, August 13, 2008

so we are thinking about getting a dog...

Brady has been praying for a "baby puppy" some nights....:) I would be all about it, but his dad is not quite on the same page as Brady and I...YET. He used to say never.....then when the kids turn 18.....yada yada yada.....and now he says MAYBE in a few years. :) Anyways....of course now since I'm a bit "obsessive" about new ideas and such.....this is my new mission. To find out what kind of dog we would ever even get. We decided that IF we do end up getting a dog, we want a BIG DOG. Saint Bernard has come up, but most recently this: a Mastiff
They are so freakin' cool and HUGE! I found this pic on the internet....Lance is convinced it can't be real......what do you think?! Isn't he so cute?! Like a big teddy bear. I think we could call him Bear. :) We want a big dog....a good "watchdog".....but most importantly something that is excellent with children. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Summer said...

well, speaking from my former life as a vet tech...i wouldn't recommend a mastiff, st bernard, great dane, etc. most can be somewhat tempermental, and i personally would be hesitant with them around kids. if you're wanting to go big, some more kid-friendly choices would be a large lab, golden, boxer, irish wolfhound,greyhound, sheepdog...
I'll let you know if I think of any more :)

Joni said...

A big dog?!? in the house?!?!? Look at Breeards?? (not sure if that is houw you spell it) the place I nanny for has had 2 of them... I love the one they have now!