Monday, October 20, 2008

St. Louis Zoo...

Over the weekend we took a roadtrip to St. Louis. It was a perfect day...we couldn't of picked a better fall day! It was so fun to get away for the day....at one point in the day I looked at Lance and said giggling like a lil child :"I feel like I'm @ DisneyWorld or something" . Of course he looked @ me with a smile and said "your weird". (It does not take too much for me to be excited....these simple things in life.) He of course is kidding, I'm sure he is so glad I'm not a "high-maintenance" kind of girl. :) Anyways....so we went to the Zoo in St. Louis. Has anyone been there before? I had been there once w/ a friend years ago...I had forgotten how nice it is there. It's FREE for starters...which is a huge attraction for us, not a long drive, the food is good, it's beautiful, lots of good interesting animals and creatures, and they have a TRAIN that goes through the zoo. LOVED the day. It was so great...can't say enough good things about that Zoo. Here are a few pics from the day, I took a million it seems...but here's just a few to spare you. :)
My lil' man one of our favs to see
love my boys...
Brady and his aunt Lori (he had to hold her hand, not mine. :( )
and here we are @ the MONKEY HOUSE. :)
( thought it was a perfect place to get a pic of our monkeys.)

5 comments:

2 boys said...

YES! We love the St. Louis Zoo! We actually went there last Spring Break. The FREE factor is definately a plus and that train. :) We really enjoyed the penguins exhibit too..so cute. Looks like your family had a great time!

toni said...

Awe, glad you had a good time! The pictures are cute- love Monkey #1's smile and Monkey #2's pigtails! The monkey house is our favorite too. We laugh so hard watching them.

Unknown said...

It is an awesome zoo! We were just there this summer with at our big family reunion--my sis's kids LOVED it! Of course, the monkeys were one of the favorites, and my favorite were the penguins.

Kirk and Keri Plattner said...

Heidi~
Kasey just showed me your blog sight. Oh my, your kids are soooo cute! Kirk and I went to the St. Louis zoo a year ago and loved it..the penguins was are favorite!!

Kristy said...

Hey, I like Harper's jacket ;)

Ok, as for next Sat...I'm SOOO torn. I screwed up, and wasn't sure if it was for sure a go or not, and I didn't have it on my calendar yet. (bad move) Then Kelsey's friend invited her/our fam to a harvest/costume party - so Kels was all pumped about that. But then I realized it was the same night we talked about trying to get together again. SO...that's my dilema. I'm still not sure on what to do. If it works for Gretch & Rach, we'll pry come. If it doesn't, we'll take Kels to the party... just let me know when you hear from the others, and I'll go from there (it really stinks once your kids get older & get invites!)